968.net

968 Celebration at Hershey 2010

Spring is coming and so is the Hershey Swap Meet…our annual chance to gather, gab, and engorge on chocolate and fun in Hershey, PA.

This year's event will be held RAIN or SHINE from Friday, April 23rd, through Sunday, April 25th, to give you more events and more opportunities to meet and visit with your 968 friends.

The atmosphere will be very casual and relaxed.

Friday – April 23, 2010

Meet at the Hilton Gardens Inn – Hershey

550 East Main Street

Hummelstown, PA 17055

(717) 566-9292

A block of rooms are available for both Friday and Saturday night at $139 per night (plus sales and occupancy tax).

Be sure to tell them you are with "968 Celebration" to get the special rate.

This Rate EXPIRES on March 24, 2010

The hotel will provide a hose and water on Friday afternoon so that you will be able to rinse and shine at the hotel.

The parking lot will have a special corral marked off with cones so that the cars are not disturbed.

Special Event Added !

RS Barn and Design1Racing have generously offered to host a wine and cheese reception.
While I'm certain that there will be enough for everyone, I also know that we have a number of winies (wino's?) in our midst and if you would like to share a special bottle please feel free, we'd be happy to drink more . Details/location to follow.

There will be no organized group dinner on Friday evening. Everyone is encouraged to mingle and meet. We will have some recommendations for dining.

Saturday – April 24, 2010

8:00 AM SHARP!!!: Leave from Hilton Gardens Inn at to caravan to the Hershey Swap Meet.

Jim Groelinger, PCA 968 Register co-advocate, will be collecting $10.00 CASH before we leave the hotel and will pay for our group to be parked in the concours area at the swap meet. If you do not drive in with the group, please join us in the concours area when you arrive (you will need to pay the $10 fee yourself at the gate). Please note, if you want your car to be judged as part of the concours, you will need to register your car and pay an additional $10 Fee.

On the other hand, if you want to win a prize, but don't want to be judged in the concours we will be giving out awards to 968s only on Saturday night. The awards will be people's choice and you don't need to do anything to enter, just show up at the special parking area and let your peers decide.

We will, as always have a tailgate party at the Swap Meet, headed by Kathy Downs (our perennial party favorite). It helps a lot if everyone brings some type of food to share....munchies, store bought food, whatever. Please bring your chairs or blankets, sunscreen, and a food item and/or beverage to share (if it needs to be refrigerated, you need to have a cooler). Kathy will supply basic sandwich fixin's (bread/rolls, selection of lunch meats and cheese, condiments, etc.). Suggestions: pasta or potato salad, veggies, salsa/chips, watermelon, desserts.

Dinner – Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:30 PM

Fenicci's Restaurant

102 West Chocolate Avenue

Hershey, PA 17033

Fenicci's will be serving a family style dinner of their best Italian specialties, including Appetizer, Pasta, salad, and Entrée, with soft drinks included, for an all-inclusive price of $27.00/person.

Your reservation, along with a check for $27.00 per person for this event, will need to be received NO LATER THAN Saturday, April 17, 2010.

Please remit payment to:

Jay Kravitz

c/o RS Barn

53B German Avenue

Newtown, PA 18940

Ivan Arzola of IMA Motorsports has agreed to be a speaker at the dinner, and perhaps a few surprises!

Sunday – April 25, 2010

9:00 AM: Meet in the parking lot at Hilton Gardens Inn for a fun run in the beautiful countryside around Hershey. This event will be sponsored by 968Forums and will not be connected with, sponsored by, or have any relationship to, PCA or any chapter of PCA.

The fun run will be approximately 50-70 miles and will be completed by Noon.

968Forums will sponsor a lunch at the end of the run. The timing is expected to allow most participants to make their way home before sunset.

968 Celebration at Hershey 2010 promises to be a great gathering! Make your plans today!

Brought to you by:

Jeff Coe – 968 Register Advocate

Jim Groelinger – 968 Register Co-advocate

Jay Kravitz – 968Forums.com

Darryl Nichols – Hook It Up/Odds and Ends Car Detailing

Kathy "How much can one person pack into a 2- seater" Downs

Views: 530

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Based on the chain of events taking place, this years 968 Gathering sounds like it will one of the best ones yet. Can't wait to attend again this year.
OK Folks!

2 Weeks from Saturday is the last day that you will be able to reserve your seats for the Saturday night banquet. I must have your check in hand NO LATER THAN Saturday, April 17th if you want to attend.

I will be finalizing the list with the restaurant, and the number of attendees is written in stone, so please try to get your checks in soon..

Thanks,

Jay

Dinner – Saturday, April 24, 2010 7:30 PM

Fenicci's Restaurant

102 West Chocolate Avenue

Hershey, PA 17033

Fenicci's will be serving a family style dinner of their best Italian specialties, including Appetizer, Pasta, salad, and Entrée, with soft drinks included, for an all-inclusive price of $27.00/person.

Your reservation, along with a check for $27.00 per person for this event, will need to be received NO LATER THAN Saturday, April 17, 2010.

Please remit payment to:

Jay Kravitz

c/o RS Barn

53B German Avenue

Newtown, PA 18940

Ivan Arzola of IMA Motorsports has agreed to be a speaker at the dinner, and perhaps a few surprises!
See everyone shortly.
Good news, Rich T. has promised to park his yellow 968 Strosek convertible in the Concours area of the Swap Meet on Saturday. For those who have seen it at the previous seven 968 events in Hershey, you know it is an awesome car.

See you all at the Hotel on Friday afternoon and at the Swap Meet on Saturday!
There has been some chatter on another 968 website about this year's 968 Celebration organizers running into some interference. This was due to the fact that one of the 5 organizers attempted to arrange with the Swap Meet Chair for entry into the Concours area without paying the gate fee, upon arrival. The past 7 years have always been the same: $10 at the Gate ("no admission fee", you can have 4 other guys in the car - you only pay $10 gate fee, even if you ride your Harley in, you pay $10), no additional charge for Group Parking and then another $10 if you want to compete in the Concours area. The perception by the Central Pa Region was that - after 7 years of the 968 Celebration being held with the same fees, an attempt was being made to scam the Region. It is resolved now and should not be a problem this year and I think it will be a great event with the option of parking in the 968 Group Parking area or the 968 Concours area. I will be working in the Concours area as Co Host and look forward to seeing you at either one of the parking spots!
I am not able to edit my previous post so I will modify my announcement above.

The $10 fee which will be collected by Jim Groelinger (Anchorman) at the Hilton Hotel will entitle participants to park in the "Special 968 Parking" area...this area is adjacent to, but not a part of the PCA Swap Meet Concours area.

If any attendees wish to participate in the PCA Concours, they will be required to register seperately, and pay an additional $10 fee to participate in that event.

Just to be crystal clear...At NO TIME was there ever any attempt by ANY member of the organizing committee to "Scam" the organizers of this event, and frankly, the implication is incredibly offensive.

Jeff Coe, 968 Register Advocate who is known by everyone in this community as a straight shooter, and who has no "agenda" with anyone, made contact and arrangements for parking at the event. unfortunately, there was a communication error with the event organizers, and the information was misconstrued. Multiple members of the event committee tried to clarify the understandings with Don, to no avail.

There are many details that get worked out in planning such an event over multiple days, sadly Don has chosen to give you a glimpse behind the curtain rather than allowing the event to unfold.

Come, enjoy the fun, this will be a great gathering of 968s
The word "scam" was used by the Central Pa Swap Meet Chair to describe their feelings at a recent Region meeting, about being constantly asked "is there free admission" (yes, there is no individual admission charge) even though the individual asking had attended 6 of the 7 events held in Hershey.

I will not honor or confirm your accusation as to who interfaced with the Central Pa Region, only that it was one of the five Co Hosts.

Since the reason for the "interference" mentioned on the other 968 website has now been clarified, I agree with Silver Cab that we should now all look forward to another great 968 Celebration hosted by the 5 Co Hosts and the event sponsors.

For those that have contacted me, my position remains the same; I recommend attending this event even if you can only come in Friday for an impromptu dinner (there is no scheduled dinner that night) and the Swap Meet Saturday. This is another opportunity to check out a bunch of beautiful 968s, modifications and meet some great owners!

Don
Swing and a miss.....

"I will not honor or confirm your accusation as to who interfaced with the Central Pa Region, only that it was one of the five Co Hosts."

I was not ACCUSSING Jeff of anything, he is to be admired. What I was pointing out was that Jeff, who is the PCA 968 Register Advocate and Chairman of the organizing committee, made arrangements with the folks in your region. The information provided on the Swap Meet website was so terrible it couldn't be translated and the contact simply couldn't be bothered to provide adequate information. No problem, its all worked out, now. Thanks for all your "help".
Back in the day, we didn't have any drama.
Gosh, I can hardly wait for you to step up and host next year, since you obviously are so good at pulling events off.
We had a wonderful family that has been soiled. Hopefully this renewed site will bring a rebirth of the community, without threats of lawsuits and the like. Certainly the comments on the junior site don't seem very optimistic for .net, do they?
stirring the pot as usual. I've been reading these boards since 2005, you are the first to complain about anything. One the flip side, you are almost always starting trouble and putting your 2 cents in wherever you go. There was absolutely no need for you to post anything in this thread, yet you knew you would get a rise out of someone by doing so. So you did it anyway. Talk about irony.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. My nephews are more mature then you are. Grow up and leave the past alone. There is no place for that here, as this sight is new & fresh again.

I'm done here.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Support Our Ad Partners

© 2019   Created by Ray Starbird.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service