968.net

WTB 968 Coupe, 6 speed, in good driving condition, serviced. Not looking for a show car. Many thanks!

Views: 1147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm thinking of selling my 1993 968 coupe, since I seldom drive it. I bought it in 1999 as the 3rd owner (I think), when it had 77k miles. There were no records at that time. It now has about 125k miles, but I simply don't drive it much the past couple of years. It runs fine but has the usual issues: chattering back hatch, marginal plastic bits inside, oil leaking below the power steering reservoir (some of which gets on the hot exhaust and makes some initial startup smoke). The only odd problem at the moment is that the key switch for the hatch doesn't work. However, the hatch will open using the button in the driver's footwell.

This is the same 968 that I wrote about in seven maintenance articles in Excellence magazine. I would have written more, but I just lost interest in the car. Other than the hatch key switch problem, the car is ready to drive. I put a chip in it (documented in an Excellence article), so it runs very nicely. Not sure what I want for it, so make me an offer and I'll think about it.

It's probably lived in my garage for 350 days in 2012...  ;-)

Bob Kovacs

www.bobkovacs.com

Bob, do you happen to have any pictures of your car?

Yes, I have LOTS of pictures of my car, including a beauty shot that appeared in Excellence. Here's a shot I took in 2006 when I was looking for the right location to get that pretty shot for the magazine:

The car is dark blue with a light gray leather interior. Those are factory 17-inch wheels. Everything works, except (as I mentioned) the hatch key switch. I installed a decent Sony stereo with an external audio input, but I still have the Baupunkt stereo that came with the car when I got it. I do not know if that stereo was the original.

Bob Kovacs

www.bobkovacs.com

That was a great article for Excellence! <G>

Heck, Monte... I had seven articles in Excellence, all about maintenance done on this car. In fact, I'll give the buyer of the car all seven issues with the articles. (I have a couple extra copies :-)   )

Bob Kovacs

www.bobkovacs.com

Great photos with them, too. I hope they paid you big bucks, Bob. :-)

Yeah, Excellence paid pretty well... can't complain.

Bob Kovacs

www.bobkovacs.com

Bob, can you please email me at rafal.lelej@wellsfargo.com Please give some idea as to how much are you looking to get for your car. Thanks,

Bob, do you have more photos of the car from all angles?

I have photos of the car from every angle, including from below. However, these are all several years old and it would be misleading to let you think they are recent. The car is in the garage at my weekend house, so I will shoot some video of it in the next few days and post that to YouTube. That way, you can see the car from all angles, maybe even in action.

FWIW, I will sell the car with the seven issues of Excellence magazine in which this car was featured. Dunno if that adds any interest... I promise not to autograph them!

Bob Kovacs

www.bobkovacs.com

I still have the car for sale, but I'm not really trying hard to sell it. A couple people have asked me for more information, and I can now provide the VIN on request. There is a build sticker in the back of the car that has the following information:

Type: 968 110

Engine Code/Trans. Code: L37W TT

Paint No./Interior: CO2 XD4 231 331 403 454 850 (Note: The number "2" might be a "Z"... hard to tell.)

Options: 09991

I don't know if that helps anyone, but that's the information I have. In case you're wondering, I live in the Washington, DC, area (Virginia). The car runs beautifully, by the way -- I just put in a battery, because the ole one died over the winter.

Bob Kovacs

www.bobkovacs.com

Bob,

I could give you more if you posted the last 3 digits of the VIN but here is a translation of what you did post:

L37W - Midnight blue metallic exterior paint color (optional)

TT - Partial leather in classic grey (optional)

C02 - US emissions (standard)

XD4 - painted crest center caps (optional)

231 - 17" tires (standard with 17" wheels)

331 - am/fm cassette (standard)

403 - 17" Cup1 wheels (optional)

454 - Cruise control (standard)

650 (not 850) - Sunroof (standard)

09991 - Exclusive program -  listed because of the XD4 option

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Support Our Ad Partners

© 2019   Created by Ray Starbird.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service